Saturday 14 September 2013

Bold & Bright- By Keren Tamir


Its Keren again for the 13 Arts blog and I'm here to show you my layouts for this month showcasing bright and bold colors. All Mixed Media products used to create my work are available at the 13 Arts shop here.

Here is my first layout for this reveal.

"Cutie Pie"


To start off, I masked the purple Matte Berry Paint with a circle stencil up and down the page. Then I sprayed Chalk Fuchsia mist around the white card stock.


Then I dripped some Violet water ink on my mat and using the lid created small circles around the page.  I also used some Prima black coal fluid chalk ink to mask some larger circles around the LO.


Finally I used some papers from the "All is Love" collection across the page and cut a large butterfly with them. I used 13 Arts and Prima flowers to decorate around the page and some 13 Arts pink stems.


13 Arts Materials
Violet Water ink
Chalk Fuchsia Mist
Matte Berry Paint 
All is Love: Pink Paradise
Pink Flowers
Pink stems
Gesso

Other Materials
Prima flowers, gems, wooden clip, leaves
Queen & Co black pearls
cheese cloth
W R Memory Keepers: string
Alpha: Thickers by American Crafts
Martha stewart butterfly punch
Cherry Lynn Designs Large Butterfly
Circle mask: Prima
Large tea stain circle mask: RP
Black Coal Fluid chalk edger
black washi tape Studio G

<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Smile, be happy"

This is my second layout for this month's reveal. It is also bold and bright like the other one but just with a different colour scheme.


I built my background on top of the "Spring Morning" paper from the 13 Arts "Faces of Spring" collection. However, after applying all the mediums, you can only see a glimpse of the original paper underneath. I do have to say that the 13 Arts papers are of amazing quality. They hold up so much wet mixed media without ripping.


To start off, I created a stone like pattern in the background by masking it with 13 Arts Modeling paste. Then I spread (generously) 13 Arts Glass filler microbeads all over the wet medium.


 I started spraying the page with three different chalk mists from 13 Arts: Yellow Lemon, Celadon and Sap Green. I let the ink drip down the page by spraying it with water to dilute the consistency. I also used some "almost dry" 13 Arts Primer from the edges of the jar. As we always have some hardened paste around the edges of the jar, I didn't want them to go to waste. Using a palette knife, I smeared them randomly on the page, creating a rough surface in my background.


I used Ranger black Archival ink and stamped a couple of different images on the page. Then I embellished the page with 13 Arts flowers and stems. I also used Prima flowers and wooden icons, yellow seam binding, and black pearls. The Chipboard pieces are from 2 Crafty.


Finally, to highlight the background and to bring some depth into the layout I used some 13 Arts Pearl Black mist. I sprayed it on my mat and then, using a brush, painted underneath the embellishments.


13 Arts Materials:
Faces of Spring papers
Primer
Modeling Paste
Glass Filler microbeads
Chalk Ayeeda Mist: Yellow Lemon, Celadon and Sap green
Pearl black mist
White flowers
White stems

Other Materials
Prima flowers and wooden icons
2 Crafty Chipboard
Prima Mask
yellow seam binding
Ranger black archival ink
Prima stamps
Prima alpha
cheese cloth
Queen & Co black pearls

All 13 Arts Products can be found here

Visit my blog here

Have a Wonderful day!!






2 comments:

  1. Wow! What gorgeous projects! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such amazing creations Keren...love them both!!!

    ReplyDelete